Laconia Bike Week
Tour Date: 6/15/2023 - 6/23/2023
Laconia Bike Week and NE Sea to Summit Motorcycle Tour
Get ready to start Living the Dream as you ride through the deep forests and along the rocky coastlines of New England. Spend two nights near Laconia and experience the oldest Bike Week in the world.
Click on the map above to see a day-by-day breakdown of the route. This is subject to change due to traffic, weather, hotel availability, and other issues.
Laconia Bike Week & More
Brave Mt Washington Road, one of the scariest rides in the USA. Eat lobster right out of the bay in Maine and see amazing waterfalls and lighthouses throughout the week. Ride along the Kankamangus Hwy, and visit famous destinations like The Basin, Franconia Notch State Park, and the town of Laconia, New Hampshire. This ride includes a day at Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park, along with a stop at Bentley’s Saloon, a destination biker bar.
Depending on time of year, temperatures on this ride could be in the 50's (September) or 80's (July). The top of Mt. Washington will be at least 30 degrees cooler than at the base so pack layers.
Prefer to skip Laconia Bike Week? We offer the same tour without a stop at Bike Week in September and July, CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS.
I got to experience Laconia and also see so much of what New England has to offer. Amazing Ride!Joey Aprille
We Include Everything You Will Need Along The Way
When you go on a Living The Dream guided tour you're not going to have to worry about spending a ton of money along the way. Included in our tours will be almost everything you will need during the trip. Not included is your airfare, food and drinks.
Choose from a variety of makes and models to fit your riding style.
Let us do the work. We take the hassle out of booking your hotels.
Gasoline & Oil
All of the gas and oil needed is included when you book your tour.
A photography will take pictures and video to capture all the incredible sights.
We have supplies and space for luggage to make your trip a success.
No need to stress, we have you covered if there are any damages.
Below is your daily itinerary. You will see the planned route as well as what you will see on any given day of the tour. Please be advised that this itinerary can change due to weather, traffic, hotel availability, or other issues.
- Start in Boston and ride to the Green Mountains of Vermont. Pass though rolling hills, rural farms and towns, and into little-known backwoods villages in Vermont. Be on the lookout for deer and moose! Stay the night in Bennington, a town that is quite proud of its craft beers and early American History.
- Leave Bennington and ride north the length of the Green Mountains. Head east into New Hampshire for a late lunch in Laconia, the host of the oldest "Bike Week" in the World. Laconia also held the first motorcycle races. Pop quiz: When did motorcycle racing originate? Answer: When the second motorcycle was made. After lunch, ride up into the White Mountains to the town of Lincoln and stay in the hollows of Franconia Notch. Rest assured, there’s more of this wonderful place on the return loop.
- Days 3 and 4 are spent hanging out in Laconia at Weirs Beach and Main Street. Enjoy the shows, venders and sights of Laconia Bike Week. Talk to your tour guide about an optional day trip to the Flume.
- Head over the Kankamangus Hwy (watch for Moose) and into Conway, New Hampshire. Ride through rural Maine and to the Coast for some Lobster in Freeport. Make several quick stops to check out great views as you come down out of the mountains to the sea. Follow US-1 along the inner coast where there is a lighthouse at the end of a mile-long jetty in Rockport. Stretch your legs some, and then it’s on to Camden where Mt Battie Tower overlooks a huge portion of Main’s rugged coastline. Camden offers craft beer and great food on a safe harbor for the night.
- Day six is a short ride to Bar Harbor with a stop next to Fort Knox to take an elevator to the top of Penobscot Narrows Bridge. It takes a good part of the day to ride around and explore Acadia National Park. Thunder Hole, Cadillac Mountain and crystal clear lakes are just some of the many sights you’ll see. Bar Harbor is the perfect seaside village for food, drinks and entertainment before heading back inland for more mountain riding.
- An all-day ride through rural Maine is complimented with a stop at Smalls Falls for a short hike. If you dare, there’s an optional cliff dive with the locals. Height of Land offers spectacular views of lakes and mountains. Stop in Farmington, Maine for fine pub food at lunch. Mostly two-lane back roads take you by farms, fields, and heavily wooded stretches of natural forest. End the day in Rumford where you can get a feel for Old Maine’s small town flavor.
- Head over to Mt. Washington Auto Road, one of the scariest rides in the USA. There is always the option to take the shuttle to the top. Temperatures drop 30 to 40 degrees from the base to the summit. Next is a look at the wonders in Franconia Notch National Park. Stop at The Basin for a hike up to a ‘step’ waterfall where you’ll see what millions of years of water flow do to solid rock. From there, it’s back over Kankamangus Hwy to Conway for craft beer, great food and entertainment. Spend the afternoon in town or take an optional side trip to see Silver Falls and the Mt. Washington Hotel and Resort.
Shoot back across Maine one last time to Portland Headlamp, the most photographed lighthouse in Maine. Follow the coast through Old Orchard Beach and Kennebunkport. From here you’ll catch incredible views of the Bush family’s coastal estate. Fill up on lunch at the famous biker destination Bentley’s Saloon before heading back to Boston on Hwy 1 to complete your tour.
Pictures From The Road
We have a creative and dedicated photographer on the road with us during the entire trip. They are there to help you capture these special moments. Here are a few of our favorites from this tour.
Book This Tour Today
If you are interested in booking this tour please fill out the form below. Provide all of your information and we will have one of our experts call you within 24 hours.
"Well Planned Trip"
“I am an experienced rider, but after over 30 years I still have frustrations when planning trips. Riding with Henry changed my entire perspective on what a successful trip entails. I look forward to my next trip with Living The Dream. ”
“I grew up around motorcycles, as my father was a rider himself. This trip give me the challenge I needed to break through into becoming a lifetime rider. The amazing views and the travel guidance I experienced will stay with me for years to come.”
Nancy & Bill P.
“We used to ride every week in the early years of our marriage. Life got in the way and before we knew it 15 years went by. This trip changed our life, It gave us the chance we needed to reconnect as a couple and as riding peers. We are living the dream. ”