Blue Ridge Back Roads
Tour Dates: TBD
Blue Ridge & Smokey Mountain Back Roads Motorcycle Tour
Have you ever dreamed of riding through the mountains of NC, GA, and TN on a Harley with a few friends. stopping at waterfalls, pubs and BBQ joints. How about listening to the drawl and music of the south?
Click on the map above to see a day-by-day breakdown of the route. This is subject to change due to traffic, weather, hotel availability, and other issues.
Beautiful Smokey Mountains Tour
On this ride you will be Living the Dream!! Within an hour of leaving the Charlotte area you will be on two lane blacktop headed for the foothills of the Smoky Mountains. Over the next week you will ride roads with names like Cherohala Skyway, Moonshiners Highway, Tail of the Dragon, The Rattler, The Snake, and The Blue Ridge Parkway. There will be an underground waterfall around the corner for some great BBQ in TN. The river gorges and mountain top vistas in NC will give you photos beyond your wildest dreams. Off bike activities may include short hikes, white water rafting on the Natahala River and moonshine tasting in the heart of Dixie. Wildlife abounds, including dear, wild turkey and maybe even a bear or two. Fall temperatures in the mountains require layers and leather, you should be seeing the leaves change near the mountain tops, while in the lower altitudes it can be in the 70's. Rain gear is quite likely going to be needed at sometime during the tour.
The Blue Ridge Parkway is quite possibly the most beautiful road in the world.Kelsey McDougall
We Include Everything You Will Need Along The Way
When you go on a Living The Dream guided tour you're not going to have to worry about spending a ton of money along the way. Included in our tours will be almost everything you will need during the trip. Not included is your airfare, food and drinks.
Choose from a variety of makes and models to fit your riding style.
Let us do the work. We take the hassle out of booking your hotels.
Gasoline & Oil
All of the gas and oil needed is included when you book your tour.
A photography will take pictures and video to capture all the incredible sights.
We have supplies and space for luggage to make your trip a success.
No need to stress, we have you covered if there are any damages.
Below is your daily itinerary. You will see the planned route as well as what you will see on any given day of the tour. Please be advised that this itinerary can change due to weather, traffic, hotel availability, or other issues.
- On day one, ride from the Charlotte area to Helen, GA, past Lake Lure and Chimney Rock. Cruising through the rolling hill back roads of NC into the foothills of the Smoky Mountains. With a few stops to taste the local fare spend the evening and night in the Alpine style Village of Helen, where Oktoberfest is like stepping back in time.
- Leaving Helen GA there will be stop for a short hike to Anna Ruby Falls. The ride will continue to Ruby Falls (One of the largest underground water falls accessible to the public located in the caverns of Lookout Mountain. Sugars BBQ overlooking the Chattanooga River is just one of the options for dining. Explore the downtown Chattanooga area late afternoon and evening for live music.
- Some of the best Chattahoochee National Forest mountain riding is included in this days' ride. Following a river into the Blue Ridge mountains we will ride the Cherohala Skyway from Tellico Plains, TN to Moonshiners Hwy in NC. After lunch at the Fontana Lodge you will view the tree of shame at Deals Gap and ride the Tail of the Dragon (318 curves in 11 miles) back in to TN, Then follow the northeastern edge of the Great Smokey Mountain National Park to Gatlinburg for moonshine and night life.
- From Gatlinburg ride south on Hwy 441 into the Great Smokey Mountain National Partk over Newfound Gap and take a detour to Clingmans done, This is the highest point on the famed Appalchian Trail ( hiking trail that goes from GA to ME). If you have what it takes, it's just a 1/2 mile walk to the top for some amazing views on a clear day. Dropping down through the Park ride through Cherokee, NC to The Nantahala Outdoor Center for some water rafting, zip line fun or at least one of the best burgers and BBQ around. Circling through Robbinsville and off to Maggie Valley by way of the Blue Ridge Parkway, for the Wheels Through Time Motorcycle Museum and a quite southern county evening. While a short day as gauged by miles there is so much to do and see it will still be a full day.
- Ride the Blue Ridge Parkway to Ashville, NC, and on to Hot Springs, NC on the most remote back road yet on this tour "The Rattler". Take an hour soak in a private, spring fed, hot tub with a view of the river, On to Erwin, TN to ride The Snake into Boone, NC.
- Jumping back on to the Blue Ridge parkway this ride includes the most often photographed section of the parkway, the Linville Viaduct Bridge, which is suspended above the trees for views of the valley and the Smokey Mountains in the distance. Follow the Blue Ridge Parkway to Ashville, NC by the afternoon and then back through Chimney Rock to the Charlotte area to complete our tour.
Pictures From The Road
We have a creative and dedicated photographer on the road with us during the entire trip. They are there to help you capture these special moments. Here are a few of our favorites from this tour.
Book This Tour Today
If you are interested in booking this tour please fill out the form below. Provide all of your information and we will have one of our experts call you within 24 hours.
"Well Planned Trip"
“I am an experienced rider, but after over 30 years I still have frustrations when planning trips. Riding with Henry changed my entire perspective on what a successful trip entails. I look forward to my next trip with Living The Dream. ”
“I grew up around motorcycles, as my father was a rider himself. This trip give me the challenge I needed to break through into becoming a lifetime rider. The amazing views and the travel guidance I experienced will stay with me for years to come.”
Nancy & Bill P.
“We used to ride every week in the early years of our marriage. Life got in the way and before we knew it 15 years went by. This trip changed our life, It gave us the chance we needed to reconnect as a couple and as riding peers. We are living the dream. ”